In the last video I noted I could’t work out how the Y limit switches fitted. In the course of investigating I noticed a bigger issue – the 3D Printed parts on all four corners of the Y Axis should have cutouts in the top to let the linear bearings partly slide “into” the corners….. mine didn’t.
Turns out that there is extra material in the prints that needs to be removed – revealing these cutouts!!! If you know you know – and I didn’t 🙂
I’d like to think this is an easy mistake to make – so worth mentioning here and in the video.
Sadly it means that the Y corners were also the wrong way around, so will have to take the Y Axis apart and make the corrections. Doh!
The good news is that it should fix the issue with the limit switch. Every cloud and all.